Tribute to the Trails Calendar: Stunning Photos, Race Dates, A Good Cause
Filled with inspiring photos of runners the Tribute to the Trails calendar supports trails, helps you track race dates, and keeps you motivated all year long with photos of runners on some stunning trails.
Looking for a little motivation to get you out the door on a trail run during the dark days of winter? Thinking of training to compete in your first race this year? Care about supporting Washington's trails?
Now in its tenth year, the "Tribute to the Trails" Calendar Project will inform and inspire your trail runs all year long.
A project to support Washington's trails, inspire you to get out and run!
The project is the brainchild of WTA member, photographer/runner, Glenn Tachiyama and WTA board member/runner, Wendy Wheeler-Jacobs. Together, they produce the calendar for the running community to support WTA's work to protect and maintain trails. (Last year, the project raised an incredible $27,000+ for trails.)
Filled with photos of runners on stunning trails, and a wealth of information about races across the country, the Tribute to the Trails calendar is offered for sale online and in stores, with all proceeds benefiting WTA.
Photos from this year’s calendar can be found online.
Calendar comes with chance to win race entries
Everyone who buys a calendar before a Jan. 8, 2015 (if they last that long) can enter to win one of 26 race entries. For each calendar you purchase, there is an entry form on the inside back cover of the calendar to fill out and send in.
The free race entries you could win include:
- Baker Lake 50K
- Bellingham Trail Marathon
- Bellingham Trail Run Series
- Bigfoot 120M
- Capitol Peak 55K/50M
- Carkeek 12 Hour
- Cascade Crest 100M (2 entries)
- Chuckanut 50K
- Cottontail 6 & 12 Hour
- Crystal Mountain Sky Marathon (3)
- Evergreen Trail Runs (2)
- Footzone Dirty Half
- Guerilla Running Mountain Marathon (2)
- Hagg Lake 25K/50K
- Lumberjack 50M/100K/100M
- McCall Trail Running Classic 10/20/40M
- McDonald Forest 50K
- Mt Si 50K/50M
- Northwest Trail Runs(2)
- Peterson Ridge Rumble 20M/40M (2)
- Plain 100M
- Rainshadow Running
- Squamish 23K/50K/50M
- Vashon Island 10M/50K
- White River 50M (3)
- Miwok 100K (guaranteed entry only)
Get yours today before they sell out from local and online retail outlets (see list below). The drawing will be held on Jan. 8, 2015, so be sure to buy your calendars and send in the entries as soon as you can to be eligible for the drawings!
Where to get your calendar (online & in store):
Where to get your calendar (in stores):
- The Balanced Athlete / Renton, WA
- Cascades Outdoor Store / Winthrop, WA
- Everyday Athlete / Kirkland, WA
- Fairhaven Runners / Fairhaven, WA
- Fit Right / Portland, OR & Vancouver, WA
- Fleet Feet Sports Seattle / Seattle, WA
- FootZone Bend / Bend, OR
- Poulsbo Running / Poulsbo, WA
- Rogue Valley Runners / Ashland, OR
- Run Pretty Far / Issaquah, WA
- San Francisco Running Company / San Francisco, CA
- Seven Hills Running Shop / Seattle, WA
- Uphill Running / Issaquah, WA
Calendars are $20 at retail outlets and $23 (plus postage) online.