Recipe by Sarah Kirkconnell. www.trailcooking.com
About 2 servings
PREP TIME / COOK TIME
5 minutes / 15 minutes
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-ounce pouch albacore or light tuna
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shelf-stable Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Optional: fresh cilantro, slivered almonds, chutney
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for the time listed on the package. Drain carefully, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Add the oil, olives, lemon juice, tuna, and reserved water. and toss to combine.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spices, mix well.